This two-day training of trainer’s course is a required component of the ZERO TO THREE Provisional Trainer Certification for The Growing Brain. Before you register for this course, review the requirements and options for documentation below to ensure you
will qualify to become a certified trainer.
• Evidence proving current approved trainer status in your home state or country, or specified standards as an adult educator:
• Copy of an official certificate, designation letter, or other written designation of approved early childhood trainer or adult educator status awarded by your state or country professional development system, higher education institution, or other appropriate
governance entity; OR
• Evidence of the following, noted on a current resume:
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in early childhood or a field relevant to brain development; AND
• At least three years of experience as an adult educator; AND
• Actively participate in professional activities through one of the following options:
• Membership in a professional organization related to early childhood, OR
• Participation in community, state, or national initiative related to early childhood, OR
• Evidence of ongoing professional development (e.g., an organized professional learning community), OR
• Participation in at least one state, regional, or national early childhood or brain development related conference.
After you enroll in the course, create your application for the ZERO TO THREE Certified Trainer: The Growing Brain through the Learning Center.
• login to the ZERO TO THREE’s Learning Center
• click on the “Submit/Renew” button under Trainer Certifications on your profile page to begin the application process.
Download the Trainer Certification overview: The Growing Brain attached below to help you confirm you meet the certification criteria and are ready to provide documentation of meeting it following completion of the Training of Trainers.
Please email email@example.com with related questions.
• Examine, build understanding of content, structure and applicability of the Growing Brain curriculum
• Identify key messages and explore activities in each of the curriculum’s seven units
• Apply and analyze adult learning strategies that support effective delivery of the curriculum in your community